The Plan

A Plan ?  .. well there sort of a plan  and there sort of isn’t.

I have some real long time loyal photographic clients who I don’t want to let down so I’ll keep their work going and Madam will carry on her work as Practice Manager.  .. we’ll get away for nearly a week at a time in between times.


Update 2022: We’re nearly retired now. The pension has clicked in but Fiona has decided for now that she is still going to work two days a week so we’re just doing weekends away.

My shoulders have complained for too long and too loud for me to carry on shooting piccies commercially so I’m simply just doing this blog. A casualty of carrying 20k plus of gear on my shoulders for more than 40 odd years and quite common in my industry.

So it’s more Motorhoming for now. 🙂

Madan and Rafe at Coromandel Motor camp
Madan and Rafe at Coromandel Motor camp

I’m also running the NZ Dethleffs owners group which is fun.

6 thoughts on “The Plan”

  1. Hi Chris and Fiona, we met at Athenree hotpools and got talking about broadband. Just a query, do you just have the basic modem from NetSpeed or the aerial/attenna? We see NZMCA have come up with Wireless Nation in the latest mag.


    1. If you have a lot of glass or plastic sides on your van, you might not need aerials. I’ve got aerials but have an aluminium van. Stick with Netspeed as their network is fast and they’re good to deal with. Husband and wife team. Sing out if you need any help.
      Cheers, Chris


  2. Hi Chris = Ruslyn here we also meet you at Parakai hot pools and talk about net speed Wi-Fi and have just had it fitted and set up with chromecast and apple tv both working great thanks for that info
    Ian & Lynda


  3. HI we are looking to head to uk in May and buy a motor home to travel in for 6 months. Totally confused with the period of time we can visit. Will we need a visa to stay for longer in the EU than 3 months. Your help would be appreciated


    1. I’m not sure about visa requirements but the biggest obstacle is drivers license and insurance.
      You cannot drive a vehicle in the Uk that has a GVM if mire than 3500kg unless you have the equivalent of a UK class 2 license. You cannot get insurance for said vehicle unless you have a uk postal address and have the correct license.
      Anything under 3500kg is quite small and in my opinion not worth going to the trouble to bring back with you.
      We rented,


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Fiona & Chris, two empty nesters put their dreams of doing something different into reality… Living in their Motorhome, come along for the ride.

%d bloggers like this: